Thursday, November 5, 2009

Stuck on the fridge



I like to think I keep a pretty tidy house most of the time.I can not live with mess around me and I just can't think straight when there are piles of newspapers, magazines, unwashed dishes and the like cluttering things up.So it comes as a bit of  a surprise to a lot of people when they visit us to see my fridge.The inside is o.k.,I try and keep on top of the limp vegies and too old leftovers that can lurk in there,but it is the outside of the fridge that's the problem!

 

 You see,It's a mess!!!





Things Iv'e torn out of magazines months ago,postcards and gorgeous cards that people have sent me,old dentist appointment cards..... I've even torn off a lorne postmark stamp from a letter someone sent me from home.(I'm sure a therapist would read something into that!!).

 

'Kimmy'(from Kath and Kim) is there too, and every now and then we dress her up to the nines in her gorgeous gear!!We always grab a Noosa Cinema leaflet when we go to the shops.The only one I wanted to see... Julie and Julia...finished yesterday!!






Therer are fridge magnets from France,Italy,Hawaii and also lots of those ones with pretty pictures on them advertising stuff they want you to buy.I have photos of our beautiful grandson, assorted other family members,and  lots of "quotes".I love a good quote,so whenever I see one I like in a shop I buy it and stick it on the fridge.

 


I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this!!!...am I?   Every now and then it really starts to bug  me and I have a purge, and everything gets, well, not thrown away so much 'cause I just can't bring myself to throw out all this stuff that I have a connection to,so a lot of it gets ralegated to the side of the fridge or to the "third drawer down' in the kitchen .Now there's another story for another time..........

1 comment:

Muzz said...

yiu never told me that you wanted to see Julie and Julia