Saturday, January 16, 2010

Weekend Reflections


Last year,in Feb,we went to the open day at the Melbourne Recital Centre,a fantastic place and definately worth having a look .(Our son works there but we're not biased at all !)

There was a young guy there playing these glass bells which sounded pretty nice, but I was taken by the beautiful reflections they were giving off  and the view of the Performing Arts Centre Spire in the background .


Here is a shot of him playing the bells and also another photo showing some beautiful pink glass bells.
 I have more photos of this beautiful venue that I will share with you on another post.

P.S. The day we were here just happened to be Black Saturday the day of the devastating fires that raged throughout  parts of Victoria.The venue was airconditioned thankfully as the Temp soared to 47deg C.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Now how did I miss this over the weekend.

I am going to Melbourne for the Australia Day weekend and for a day at the tennis.

Shall have to see if I can get a closer look at the Recital Centre. That is a terrific precinct. The glass bells look terrific as do the reflections they contain.