Monday, January 18, 2010

Mosaic Monday


I love shells so for today's Mosaic Monday I have put together a collection of them.....
I have tried a slightly bigger mosaic for today just to see how it would look.What do you think?
I really enjoy doing mosaics and its fun to find things with a theme and put them all together to tell a little story.
I used to pick up shells all the time off the beach but that is a "no no " now!!!
These days you can pick up bags of them from craft shops and gift shops and thats where most of these have come from.
One thing I pick up off the beach now instead of shells is sea glass. The really colourful glass such as blue and red are hard to find ,there is mostly brown (from beer bottles probably) but even some of these can be beautiful if they have been in the water for a long time.

When I get a good collection of sea glass I will put them together in a mosaic.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Individually these are gorgeous, Sharon, and collectively it fairly take my breath away. Shame that beachcombing is so frowned upon nowadays.