Saturday, January 2, 2010

"For Man or Beast"....

Who can remember the Rawleigh's man calling?



 

This  morning as I slathered " the golden ointment from the golden tin" on my sore chapped fingers it took me back to my childhood in Lorne where Mum always had a tin of Rawleigh's on hand for any disaster that would occur around the house as I have done as well with my family.
I dont know what it is about this stuff but it really does work.As the blurb on the back of the tin says....for superficial burns,scalds,blisters,bruises,minor cuts and wounds,minor sunburn,chapped chafed and irritated skin....
W.T.Rawleigh started making his ointment from his parents farmhouse in Illinois U.S.A.in1889.
In 1928 the company opened a factory in Melbourne Vic.and began manufacturing and distributing here in Australia.

I can still remember the Rawleigh's man calling around to our house and to most of the other houses in our street......
It's great stuff but one warning ....It smells absolutely disgusting!!!!!

1 comment:

Patricia Koch said...

I find the smell delightful :) I know its weird. I threw out my neosporin (antibotic cream) when i found the Rawleigh's Antiseptic Salve. Rawleigh's Salve is great for everything. I know a man who had jungle rot from being in the vietnam war. When he has flare ups of it he puts the Rawleigh salve on and it goes away. Great stuff!!!
I sell the Rawleigh Products here in the states for 10 years now :)
If you read this and you are in the states and need to order any of the Rawleigh products. Stop by my website below.
http://www.herbalsunlimimted.com
Trish