Thursday, February 25, 2010

A look around Lorne.

I,m still here!!
It's been hard to post anything over the past two weeks.
I have been busy catching up with my family and friends here in Lorne and have had trouble getting regular internet access.
Here are a few photos of my beautiful home town that I have taken while I have been here..... 
Hope you like them.


Lorne Main Beach.


Saint Cuthberts Uniting Church is a beautiful old building right in the main Street.

Lorne Pier. This is the new pier which was built just two years ago.

The"Swing Bridge"is a suspension bridge built in the 1920's (I think).It is a footbridge that crosses the Erskine River giving access to the beach beyond.

Lorne Beach.                                                                      Scotchmans Hill picnic area.
 
The Lorne Picture Theatre circa 1930's.Mountjoy Parade.Lorne.Vic. Australia.
 
 


2 comments:

Julie said...

Twice in my life I have driven along the GOR. Neither time did I stop in Lorne. I regret that.

Anonymous said...

one day I'd like to own that theatre